Inspiring Quotes About Life
Inspiring quotes about life are meant to keep humans moving forward, even though the path may be dark. A big part of being healthy is thinking healthy. Some of these inspirational quotes may surprise you because they were said by folks not usually associated with positive thinking. All deep thinkers ought to be able to think of something, anything, positive to say, however.
- “Love cures people - both the ones who give it and the ones who receive it.” Dr.Karl Menninger. These words remind us the love is as good for the giver, as it is for the taker. Yes, you need to receive love. But you need to give it out just as much.
- “The thousand mysteries around us would not trouble but interest us, if only we had cheerful, healthy hearts.” Friedrich Wilhelm Nietzsche. Nietzsche was a great philosopher, and not always the most hopeful-sounding existentialist. However, these words about having a cheerful hearts are nevertheless quite cheerful.
- “A sad soul can kill you quicker than a germ.” John Steinbeck. Sometimes sad people can really bring you down. If a friend is doing more harm than good, maybe it's time to limit the time you spend with that person -- at least until they start to love life a little more.
- “Every patient carries her or his own doctor inside.” Albert Schweitzer. Yes, we all need to see doctors now and again. But there's no better self-doctor than our selves. We probably know our bodies better than any new doctor.
- “Music produces a kind of pleasure which human nature cannot do without." Confucius. Confucius knew how important music is. If you don't make music a regular part of your life -- whether listening to it or playing it -- you're really missing a big part of life.
- “A good laugh and a long sleep are the best cures in the doctor's book." Irish Proverb. Readers Digest told us for years that laughter's the best medicine. They probably got that idea from this proverb. If you're not laughing much, you're not really living.
- “Attitude is a little thing that makes a big difference.” Winston Churchill. Winston Churchill faced the dire circumstances of World War Two. Had he had a bad, negative attitude, he never would have survived and thrived during that conflict.
- “It's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years.” Abraham Lincoln. If you love to be 90, but are depressed most of the time, is that really a great life? Of course not! Live life and enjoy it!
- “We are continually faced with great opportunities which are brilliantly disguised as unsolvable problems.” Margaret Mead. What comes at us in life is always what we make of it. We can let it defeat us or we can conquer it. It's all up to us.
- “Oh, my friend, it's not what they take away from you that counts - it's what you do with what you have left.” Hubert Humphrey. Instead of complaining about what you don't have, do the best with what you have. If you wait until you think you have enough, you'll never accomplish anything.