Are you finding yourself tired of using the same old Internet browser but find that you don’t know how to install Google Chrome? Well, its easier than you may think and once you get it installed, you’ll find that your need for other browsers like Firefox, Internet Explorer, Opera, and the others will go down significantly. It really is that good.
In order to get started, you’ll need a few things:
- a desktop or laptop computer.
- a compatible operating system (Windows XP with Service Pack 2, Windows Vista, or Windows 7 if you’re on a PC, Mac OS X 10.5.6 if you’re using an Apple computer, Ubuntu 8.04 or later, Debian 5, OpenSuse 11.1, or Fedora Linux 10 if you’re using a Linix-based computer).
- a compatible processor on your computer (at least an Intel Pentium 4 if you’re on a PC, any Intel processor if you’re using an Apple computer (as opposed to their Power PC line of processors that are used on older Macs), Intel Pentium 3, Athlon 64 or later if you’re using Linix).
- approximately 100 MB of free hard drive disk space, regardless of computer model
- and 128 MB of RAM, regardless of computer model
Once you have these items lined up, you’re ready to install Google Chrome on your computer by following the steps below.
- Go to the following site: http://www.google.com/chrome.
- Locate the “download” button and confirm the language you want to use to install Google Chrome (for U.S. users, select English).
- Click “download” to begin installing Google Chrome onto your computer.
- Once the download is complete, you will see a list of terms and conditions that you will need to read thoroughly and either accept or decline to install Google Chrome on your computer.
- Once you have completed this step in installing Google Chrome, you’ll be given an option to select what you want your default search engine to be. You’ll have the option to choose between Google, Yahoo, and Microsoft’s Bing search engine.
- Ensure that the browser has correctly imported the settings and bookmarks from your original browser (this process is automatic).
Once this step is done, you can begin browsing the Internet with Google Chrome.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
15 Shirts Women Simply Can’t Resist—and Why
From Ts to button-downs and beyond, these must-haves will get her everlovin’ attention.
Beware These Telltale Signs Your Woman Is a Gold Digger
Now we ain’t sayin’ she is... but here are some clues.
Why Your Wife May Be Unhappy in Your Marriage and How it Can...
Don't shoot the messenger. This is what science says.