To install a pool diving boards, you do need to have just a bit of home improvement knowledge and the ability to complete simple projects. Once you have the pool diving board all installed, you and your friends and family members can start to enjoy. Make sure it’s safe for everyone to use by using these instructions as a guideline and following the diving board’s instruction manual very carefully during the installation process.
To complete this task, you need:
- Diving board with bolts
- Power drill
- Drill bit
- Bolt fasteners
- Power screwdriver
- Purchase a pool diving board that comes with attached bolts. This particular type of board is now standard in the industry. It is not only much easier to install, but it is also safer to use this type of pool diving board once it is installed.
- Mark the location where you want to install the pool diving board. Draw right on the concrete around your pool using chalk so you know exactly where the diving board will go. Be sure to mark the location of the bolts, as well.
- Place an appropriately sized drill bit onto your power drill. You can find the drill bit size you need for the bolts on the pool diving board by checking the instructions. Otherwise, you can try a few until one fits.
- Drill holes into the cement to install the pool diving board. Right where you marked the location of the bolts on the diving board, drill your holes. Stop every seven seconds to allow the power drill to cool down.
- Secure the pool diving board to the cement. Place a bolt fastener inside each hole you drilled. Then, place the legs of the diving board. Use a power screwdriver to secure the bolts already in place on the diving board to the bolt fasteners. This should make the diving board steady enough to be used for years to come.