Instructions On How To Tie An Ascot
If you want instructions on how to tie an ascot, then look no further. An ascot is a timeless and classic accessory, that can turn an average Joe into a suave debonair. It is fairly simple to learn how to tie an ascot, and with a little practice, you too can tie one.
To tie an ascot, you will need
- An ascot
- A dress shirt
- Button up the collar of your dress shirt, and make it stand up. This will prevent the ascot from getting snagged in your collar when you tie it.
- Start by draping the ascot around your neck, as you would a tie. Make sure that the left end hangs approximately 2 inches lower than the right end.
- Wrap the left end around the right, forming a loop. Then begin wrapping the left end around the right end again, and push the left end upwards, through the loop you formed.
- Your ascot will now consist of the part around your neck, as well as the two ends (that are placed over one another). Align the ascot so that the left end (the one on the front) completely covers the right end (the one on the back). Try and spread the ascot as wide as possible, so that it gently appears to be cascading out of your neck and downwards.
- Now undo the top button of your shirt, and tuck the ends of the ascot into it. For added variety, you could tuck your ascot into the mouth of a sweater - for an elegant look.
- Now place the collar down again, and smoothen out any creases.