Internal bleeding symptoms may include blood in the stool, nausea, shortness of breath and confusion. Internal bleeding may occur without pain and only by understanding the symptoms can you identify life threatening problems. Many times, internal bleeding occurs from an accident of some kind. If you see enlarged organs such as a spleen, do not try to push it into place. Go to the hospital and allow the doctors to diagnose any possible injuries or internal bleeding problems.
- Abdominal Pain or Swelling. A common internal bleeding symptom is abdominal pain and swelling. Please do not confuse abdominal pain and swelling as a positive indication of internal bleeding as abdominal pain and swelling is also a symptom for the stomach virus. Once you understand all the symptoms together you will be able to recognize the dangers better.
- Blood in Stools, Urine and Vaginal Area. A serious warning sign is blood in the stool, urine and the vaginal area. Black tarry stools can mean internal bleeding in the small intestines or stomach. Black stools can also be attributed to certain medicines such as Pepto Bismol and iron supplements.Blood in the urine, stool or vagina, which lasts three days or more should be a concern and checked out.
- Vomit When Coughing. You may notice blood specks in your sputum or phlegm when you cough or vomit. Continual spotting of blood in your sputum may be a sign of internal bleeding. Noticeable blood may indicate internal bleeding in your respiratory system.
- Blurred Vision or Bleeding Eyes. One of the scariest things to happen to anyone is to have a bleeding eye and blurred vision. Although sometimes a bleeding eye can be a simple problem, it can be a sign of internal bleeding. Bleeding eye sockets can be alleviated with the use of saffron over the course of about a week, but if you have internal bleeding saffron will not cure the problem.
- Chest Pain and Shortness of Breath. Chest pain and pressure may be attributed to internal bleeding, especially if you have been in a recent accident. If you are experiencing chest pains and having shortness of breath, this is definitely something to have checked out. A good way to look at internal bleeding symptoms is when you have two or more of the symptoms listed here.
- Confusion, Dizziness and Lightheadedness. Internal bleeding symptoms may include confusion, dizziness and lightheadedness. If you are feeling any of these symptoms after an injury make sure to be checked out by your physician as soon as possible. Feeling dizzy will cause many to seek medical help as the feeling of helplessness is very frightening.
- Nausea or Vomiting. Many times, a person suffering from a brain injury will have vomiting and severe nausea. Also anyone with injuries to the stomach and intestine track may also suffer from nausea and vomiting. Avoid sticking your finger down your throat to force vomiting. Check with your doctor immediately, especially when there is a brain or neck injury.
- Headache. Headaches are common in society today with high stress and day to day problems. Headache is also a symptom of internal bleeding. Anytime there is head trauma involved, there is a chance of internal bleeding. If your are experiencing headaches accompanied with nausea and vomiting, see your doctor and have this checked out immediately. Only your doctor can run tests to be absolutely sure if you indeed have internal bleeding.
- Sudden Weakness and Feeling Like Fainting. If you are feeling faint-like and have sudden weakness for no explained reason, you may have internal bleeding. Bleeding is the loss of blood and human beings can lose up to 15% without much symptoms or shock. 10% to 15% of blood loss may equal a pint of blood. Loss of more blood will show more intense symptoms that will be easily recognizable.
- Numbness or Paralysis of Arms, Legs or Face. Stroke like symptoms may indicate internal bleeding when combined with the other symptoms. Numbness of any kind is scary and may be an actual stroke. Never try to self diagnose when these symptoms appear.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Russell Peters interviews entertainers about all sorts of topics, neither the drinks nor the conversation is wate …
6 Signs the Beard Is Just Not Working for You
You may need to grab a razor and ditch the facial fuzz.
10 Red Flags That Kill Your Chances With Women
Wondering why that first date didn’t lead to a second? Read on.