Internet Security Software: 5 Best
Curious about internet security software and the 5 best options available? With all the online threats facing your computer on a daily basis, it pays to be familiar with the best 5 internet security software packages available on the market today. This includes programs that protect you not only from viruses, but also spyware and adware, which can send information about you back to people you have no intention of doing business with. Also, while no price is too high for the protection of your privacy and the security of your data, some of the best security software packages out there are free.
- Zone Alarm Extreme Security. Checkpoint Software's flagship internet security software is the most powerful protection that money can buy. It features not only an integrated firewall and antivirus protection, but also anti-phishing features to block fraudulent websites, and other impressive features such as keylogger jamming to prevent your keystrokes from being monitored by identity thieves. Not only that, but it also offers a free credit bureau monitoring service, parental controls, private web browsing and PC tune-up utilities.
- Norton Internet Security. This internet security software package is a very strong contender for the best security software package on the market today. It attempts to cover every possible base where protection from online threats is concerned. It features a firewall, an anti-virus defense system and filesystem scanner, parental controls, an email scanner to stop spam and constant updates to remain on top of the latest threats. It even features a recovery boot disk to rescue and decontaminate your system in case some computer infection manages to get through.
- Comodo Internet Security Pro. Built around the world famous Comodo Firewall, the Internet Security Pro suite offers the additional protection of an antivirus defense, an enhanced encryption-based Wi-Fi security system and 24/7 access to a live security expert for more complex issues. In addition, this software comes with up to $500 in protection against the cost of damage from a malware or virus infection.
- AVG Internet Security. If you're looking for integrated software firewall and anti-virus protection, this package is for you. With the AVG Internet Security software package you get identity protection services, as well as protection from virus attacks while downloading files from instant messengers. Additional features include email spam detection and removal, anti-spyware protection and a Linkscanner that checks the safety of webpages before you click on their links.
- Comodo Internet Security. Not to be confused with Comodo's Internet Security Pro package, this version includes Comodo's full firewall and antivirus capabilities. In addition, it is not only free for home users, but business users as well.