Interval Training Workouts
Any guy interested in a high fat burning cardiovascular workout should look into interval training. Interval training is a very interesting way to work out. It has a stop and go pace where there is rest or light exercise between heavy and high paced sets in a workout. There are long periods of light sprinting as well. A work out that uses interval training can be very laid back and easy to do. It can be applied to any workout. There are a few ways to add and interval training to your work out. One popular way is this easy interval training three part work out:
The first interval training, called the standard interval training, workout is rather easy. You'll need nothing for it, except the ability to run:
- The first part of this part of the interval training workout is simply to start a light jog for a minute and a half. After a minute and a half of light jogging, gradually increase your speed until you are at a full run for five minutes.
- For one minute run at a high speed or medium high speed. Then lightly run for another minute.
- For the last three to five minutes of the end of this warm up, you'll simply need to run at a slow pace. Gradually decrease your speed until you stop.
The second interval training workout is called the pyramid interval training. You can run, jump rope, do push-ups. Any workout can be applied.
- For the first three to five minutes do the warm up you have chosen for your exercise.
- Now for 30 seconds use a really high intensity. Then for the last minute, use a slow intensity.
- First 45 seconds use a high intensity. Now for the last minute use a low intensity.
- For the first 60 seconds use a high intensity. Now for the last minute use a low intensity.
- Now do a minute and a half high intensity work out. After words continue with a low intensity.
- Continue with a minute of high intensity, then a low intensity for a minute.
- For 45 seconds, continue with a high intensity. Then continue with a low intensity for a minute.
- For the last high intensity of this work out, simply do a high intensity for half a minute.
- Do your cool down for three to five minutes.
This last interval training workout mimics sports. This interval training workout is called sports conditioning. You can switch the order you do these steps, as well. For this you'll need anything you use during your usual work out:
- For the first three to five minutes, warm up as usual.
- For two and a half minutes do your usual work out with high intensity, followed by low intensity for two minutes.
- Repeat step two.
- For half a minute do a high intensity, the followed by another half minute of low intensity.
- Repeat step four for four more times.
- Jog or run for 60 yards, then for a minute and a half rest.
- Repeat step six for between six and ten times.
- Do your usual cool down for three to five minutes.
Interval training is a great way to work out. It's commonly used in the Army and will get your heart rate up. If you use an exercise machine, it's not suggested you use a interval training. Also, remember to talk to your doctor before you begin any workout, and see your doctor if you experience any unusual pain that doesn't go away after a your workout is completed.