If your relationship seems to be missing something, some intimacy advice may help you find that lost spark. While you may think that being just being in a committee relationship with someone is all it takes to achieve intimacy, the truth is that intimacy is something you have to create each day. It is the glue that holds a relationship together, and helps build trust between partners. By building intimacy each and every day while things are good, you create a strong relationship that can withstand problems and tensions that may come along later. If you need to strengthen your relationship, this intimacy advice can help get you on the right path.
- Set aside time to talk every day. There are many ways you can do this; over breakfast or dinner, before you start watching TV, while you walk the dog together or even as you snuggle into bed before you go to sleep. The important thing is to really talk, to discuss what's happening in both of your lives. Real intimacy can't begin until you make the time to share your lives.
- Create rituals together. Have things that you do together whether it's watching TV together, taking turns making breakfast, or writing love notes that can be found around the house. Little rituals like this help to reinforce your bonds and build intimacy.
- Make time for yourself. if you aren't happy, your relationship isn't going to be a happy one either. Both partners need to spend time on their own doing things that they love. It makes the time together even more special.
- Be physically intimate without expecting sex. While men use sex to show love, women need to be shown that they are loved for more than just sex. So make sure to kiss, caress and hold your partner without the expectation of sex. You'll be creating an intimacy that will actually increase her desire.
- Show your appreciation to your partner. Every day, find something that you can thank your partner for, even if it's just for being there when you wake up. Feeling appreciated is a great intimacy builder.