Investing In Your Future: 10 Tips
Here are 10 tips for investing in your future. Investing in your future should be a huge priority for you! Be independent and self-sufficient. Follow these great tips for investing in the future.
1. Get a college degree. Higher education continues to gain more clout. A bachelor's degree isn't even enough. Look into professional degrees. Licensure and continuing education programs are also fantastic ways to invest in the future.
2. Create a brand. A man should market himself well. Marketing and self-promotion is very important.
3. Avoid credit card debt. Payments and accumulating interests can be overwhelming and unmanageable. Only use them for emergencies.
4. Maintain good health. Insurance and healthcare costs continue to rise. Invest in your own future by eating healthy and exercising. Avoid cigarettes and excessive amounts of alcohol.
5. Go green! The environment is important. Reduce carbon foot prints! Reuse and recycle. Bike to work instead of driving.
6. Have fun! Work ethic, saving and self-control are fantastic but life should also be fun. Take risks every now and then.
7. Participate in the community. Volunteer, join organizations and donate to the less fortunate. Always pay it forward.
8. Buy a house. Avoid throwing away hundred of thousands of dollars over a life time on rent. It's not worth it. Buying an affordable home is a great investment for the future.
9. Save money. Six to nine months of income should be stashed in a money market account for easy access. Avoid making frivolous purchases. Always keep some money saved for a rainy day!
10. Start a retirement fund. Roth IRA's and 401k's are standard retirement funds. Most companies match employee contributions up to a specified percentage.
Investing in the future should be priority number one! Set goals and accomplish them. Follow these tips for investment. Good luck with future endeavors!