Iphone 4 Accessories
If you have an iPhone 4, you have hundreds of iPhone 4 accessories to choose from to enhance and protect the functionality of your phone. Since the AT&T and Verizon iPhones differ slightly in certain dimensions, make sure you choose accessories specifically designed for you phone carrier.
- Bumper. Apple created the Bumper in response to the antenna controversy that began soon after the iPhone 4 was released. Bumpers alleviate reception and antenna issues while providing minimal protection. You can choose from six colors on the Apple website, whose Bumpers fit both AT&T and Verizon iPhone 4 models.
- Car Charger. Streaming internet radio, playing games, and surfing the web drains the battery of your iPhone 4 very quickly. Keep a charger in your car to ensure that your iPhone stays charged when you are on the go.
- FM Transmitter. These devices transmit music playing on your iPhone through an FM radio station on your car stereo. FM transmitters plug into your car’s power adapter, which allows for simultaneous charging.
- Auxiliary Cable. If your car has an auxiliary port, you can use an auxiliary cable to connect your iPhone directly into your stereo. These cables typically provide better sound quality than FM transmitters. Some brands come with an attached charger as well.
- Dock Stereo. Dock stereos allow you to dock your iPhone and play music through stereo-quality speakers, making them great for parties. Dock stereos also simultaneously charge your iPhone.
- Case. A case protects your iPhone from minor to moderate damage, depending on the type you buy. The options are nearly limitless; you can choose from socks to simple plastic skins to molded rubber cases in countless colors and designs.
- Screen Protector. Screen protector film covers the glass casing of your iPhone, protecting it from scratches and scuffs. You can purchase protector film in a set for both the front and back, or front only. They do not interfere with the touch screen sensitivity.
- Hands-free Headset. Hands-free headsets allow you to make and receive calls without having to hold your phone in your hands. They are required in most states while driving. You can choose from corded headsets, including the set the comes with the iPhone, Bluetooth headsets, and car kits that transmit calls through you car stereo or a separate speaker.
- Armband. For the workout enthusiast, an armband keeps your workout play list handy while keeping your iPhone secure. Many armbands come with adjustable Velcro straps, antibacterial material, and a clear plastic cover that does not interfere with the touch screen functionality.
- Stylus Pens. If you hate having your iPhone screen covered in fingerprints and smudges, you can use a stylus pen to tap and type as you please.