Iphone Hard Reset
If you are getting rid of your iPhone or giving it to a friend, you will want to perform an iPhone hard reset first. An iPhone hard reset permanently clears all data from your phone and restores the software to factory condition. An iPhone hard reset also comes in handy if your phone is experiencing problems such as freezing, not turning on or not responding. Read on to learn how to perform an iPhone hard reset.
Things You'll Need
- From the iPhone home screen, select the "Settings" icon. Scroll down and press "General".
- Scroll down to the bottom of the page and press "Reset." This will take you to another screen with options to reset different settings and content.
- To start your iPhone hard reset, select "Erase All Content and Settings." You will receive a warning message stating, "This will delete all media and data, and reset all settings. This will take about an hour." Confirm that you want to proceed performing an iPhone hard reset by clicking, "Erase iPhone."
- Once the process is complete, your iPhone will be returned to the original factory settings.
Tips and Warnings:
- Always back up your phone using iTunes before performing an iPhone hard reset. If you decide to upgrade to a newer iPhone or keep yours, you will be able to transfer all of your data.
- Once an iPhone hard reset has started, it cannot be stopped. If you backed up your iPhone before starting, you will be able to sync your information. Make sure you want to completely erase all information from your iPhone before starting.