If you are a new owner of Apple's iPhone, you will no doubt want to obtain iPhone help. This is necessary to have handy so that you can more easily and quickly learn about everything you can do with the device as well as so you can troubleshoot if any potential problems should arise with your iPhone.
- Set up MobileMe account. Many iPhone users have a MobileMe account, which is important if you want to use email on your device. Access the settings on your iOS, then go to "Mail," "Contacts," then "Calendars." Press the "Add Account" button to select "MobileMe." You will then be prompted to add your Apple ID and password, which are identical to what you use to log onto the iTunes store. This is one of the easier iPhone help tips.
- iPhone not appearing in iTunes. If you are having a problem of your device not showing up on iTunes, you definitely need some iPhone help. First, make sure your iPhone is connected to your computer. You should have the operating systems Windows 7, Windows Vista or Windows XP on your PC, or OS X 10.5.8 or later on the Mac. If you have all of these requirements and still don't see your iPhone appearing in iTunes, you may need to reinstall iTunes.
- Troubleshooting voicemail problems. iPhone help is essential if you are having issues with connecting to your voicemail. To do this, turn off your Wi-Fi by tapping "Settings" and then "Wi-Fi." Make sure you have a signal, which is located at the top left corner of your iPhone. Check for Airplane Mode, as this should be turned off. Test out your data network connection by accessing Safari and attempting to open a website.
- Restoring your iPhone. If you have to restore your device, this iPhone help is very important to have. Make sure your computer has the latest version of iTunes and has the operating system Windows 7, Window Vista or Windows XP if you have a PC, or OS X version 10.5.8 or later if you have a Mac. If you do not have any of these, you will have to upgrade your computer in order to restore your iPhone.
- Issues with applications. If you are having problems with applications on your iPhone, you should check whether it is compatible with the software version of your device. iPhone help is very important when dealing with such an issue. Check the system requirements for any particular app in the App Store. Also check your iPhone's settings by tapping "Settings," "General" and "About." If the app in question can only operate with the latest version of the iOS and you have an older version on your iPhone, you will have to upgrade it on iTunes.