Iphone Screen Replacement
If you have an iPhone, chances are you may at some point need to learn about iPhone screen replacement. A cracked screen can happen at any time and although this can be devastating, there are options to consider that may help you save money and not have to replace the entire phone. The screen replacement will include a front glass and digitizer. Here are a few options for iPhone screen replacement.
What you'll need:
- Your iPhone
- An Apple warranty (or)
- A do it yourself kit with front glass, LCD and digitizer (you may also need tools such as a Phillips #00 screwdriver, an equally small flathead screwdriver, and a hairdryer. Some kits come with tools included)
- Have it fixed through Apple. This can be expensive or cost nothing at all depending on how your screen was cracked. Normal wear and tear may be covered under their insurance plan but typically a cracked screen may not be covered. In cases where the iPhone screen replacement is needed, you may have to pay a fee to have it fixed and this can vary but ranges in the $200 to $250 range. Obviously if your phone was $499 to purchase, it may be worth it.
- Buy a kit. There are iPhone screen replacement kits available through a variety of venues such as online auction sites, online websites and stores. These kits allow you to do it yourself but you may void your warranty. However, if you have a used and unlocked iPhone it may be worth it since you won't have a warranty to begin with. These kits can be inexpensive or cost as much as you'd pay Apple to do it for you; it all depends on the seller.
- Have someone else fix it. If you don't feel you are capable of fixing your iPhone screen yourself, you can pay to have someone else do it for you by looking online or through Craigslist. However, this is probably only a good idea if you do not have an Apple warranty since the cost can be as much as Apple would charge.
- Buy a new phone and sell you old one. If you have a used iPhone or an unlocked iPhone you may be better off selling it and buying another used one if you can't repair it yourself since you have no recourse with Apple. Many people will buy an iPhone with a cracked screen and repair it themselves so if you don't want to fix it, just replace it and make a few dollars off of your old one.
These are a few of your options for iPhone screen replacement. Whether you fix it yourself or go through Apple, you do need to be sure it is fixed before using it since the glass is very sharp on an iPhone screen.