There are a lot of iPhone secrets that are not directly publicized or explicitly mentioned out of the box. Fans of the iPhone went deep into their phones and found a number of IPhone secrets that could help newbies whiz away at their IPhones like a pro in no time.
- Quick scrolling back to the top. Tapping the Status Bar on the top portion of the screen will scroll the page back to the top. This is especially useful when users have been scrolling down on a lengthy article. It sure beats manually scrolling back up.
- Screenshot. Users can take a screenshot pretty much like the printscreen functionality in PC’s. By pressing the Home and Sleep buttons simultaneously, the IPhone will take a snapshot of the current screen into the camera roll. Users will hear a shutter sound whenever they use this function.
- Tap and Hold. Tapping and holding activates various functionalities depending where it’s done. When using the keyboard, tapping and holding a key will bring up special characters. It can also be used to save images while browsing the net. While listening to music, tapping and holding the next/prev buttons allows skimming into a song.
- Internal Gyroscope. This is one of the coolest IPhone secrets! The IPhone has an internal gyroscope that monitors the orientation of the phone. This allows for various functionalities by simply changing the orientation of the phone. For example, it can be turned horizontally to produce a wider keyboard as well as bringing up a scientific calculator. Also, shaking the IPhone while in Messaging, Mail, or Notes will bring up a pop-up asking if the user would like to erase what has been typed.
- Signal Strength Test. Calling 3001#12345# on the IPhone activates the Field Test mode. This is used by techs in assessing the signal strength of the IPhone. When in Field Test mode, a negative number will be shown to signify the signal strength. The closer to zero, the better the signal.