iPhone tips are great for new iPhone users that have still yet to become acquainted with their phones. Because the iPhone is a very intricate and in-depth piece of hardware, it may take a long time before you know all the ins and outs of your phone. However, these are some simple iPhone tips to help you get more acquainted with your cell phone. They will also help you complete tasks more quickly and get more done in less time!
- You can save images off of the web to your pictures! Have you ever browsed the internet on your iPhone and found yourself wanting to save a particular picture? You can easily do this by placing a finger on the picture and holding it there until a fly-out menu appears. You will be given the option to save the image! If you would like to save the image, simply tap “Save Image.”
- You can scroll to the top of a page or document in a flash using this tip. If you are in the middle of a lengthy page or document and you would like to scroll to the top instantly, you do not have to keep swiping your finger down to make it all the way there. Simply tap the bar at the top that displays the time and signal strength to zoom to the top. This is one of those iPhone tips that you will use frequently if you love reading online articles or browsing your News Feed on Facebook.
- If you are tired of the screen flipping when you did not direct the phone to do so, you will find this next tip useful. If your screen is flipping all over the place while you are trying to focus on something, try this. Double-tap the home screen button to bring up all of your open applications. Swipe your finger once to the right. You will see the portrait orientation lock button (a silver button with a circular arrow in the middle). If tapped, this will lock the iPhone screen to the current orientation (either portrait or landscape).
- If you do a lot of text messaging, this tip will come in handy. Do you find yourself getting annoyed with having to place all sorts of punctuation all over the place while texting? Text faster by double tapping the spacebar at the end of a sentence to produce a period and a space. This will save you from having to open the symbols menu to find the period.
- Did you know you can take screenshots with your iPhone? If your phone is acting funky or if you want to capture a particular object on your screen, you can simply take a screenshot and it will automatically be saved to your pictures. To do so, simply press both the lock screen button and home screen button together. This will cause the screen to go white for a second and produce a sound. Congratulations! You’ll find your new screenshot in your pictures folder.