There are more than a few iPhone tricks out there that will make your sessions more bearable. As a human being, you probably get used to doing things one way and this can make using the iPhone less than optimal. Most of these tricks are well known or documented but you simply forgot about them and go about your business the long way. Here are a few iPhone tricks to get you more productive.
- Images. A simple iPhone trick people forget about is how easy it is to save images. In Safari all you have to do is stab the image with your finger and a menu will pop up allowing you to save the picture. You can even take screenshots. Just hold down the 'Home' button and push the 'Sleep' button once.
- Annoying. That lovely bit of code that tries to read your mind and finish all your words is some sort of auto-suggestion program. Usually you hit the 'X' at the end of the word to ignore the suggestion but that is a hassle. Ignore the 'X'. A good iPhone trick is to tap anywhere on the screen and it will quit being so damn helpful.
- Typing. To get a period to end a sentence on a iPhone you usually do the '124' button thing to get the symbols menu. A iPhone trick to speed things up is simply to hit the space bar twice. A similar iPhone trick helps you get your accented characters much quicker. Simply push and hold the letter in question until a menu pops up and you can assign the correct accent.
- No swipe. To navigate web pages quickly you do not always have to do the swipe thing. A useful iPhone trick is to simply tap the right or left corner to jump to the next page.
- Battery. There is a nifty little trick to get some extra battery power out of your iPhone. There is a light sensor located above the ear piece that detects light. If it is daytime or you are inside an illuminated room, your iPhone screen will display brighter. At night the iPhone screen is dimmer which saves the battery life. To save some juice, simply put your finger over the sensor when you unlock your iPhone and it will think it is night.