There are many Irish whiskey brands favored by people worldwide. In this list, you will find some of the very best Irish whiskey brands including well known varieties and names you may never have heard of. Each brand, however, is unique in it's own rite. So, here are some of the very best Irish whiskey brands available:
- Tyrconnell Single Malt Whiskey. Tyrconnel is a historic unpeated single malt Irish whiskey brand. It has notes of citrus and spice and is matured in ex-Bourbon casks.
- Kilbeggan Irish Whiskey. This blended Irish whiskey has notes of wood, vanilla, and caramel. It is matured in ex-Bourban casks and is the only Irish whiskey crafted in an independent distillery.
- Green Spot Pure Pot Still Whiskey. This variety of whiskey is distilled in traditional copper pot stills and made from both unmalted and malted barley. This whiskey features notes of florals and honey. However, it is not too easy to find outside of Ireland.
- Powers Irish Whiskey. This is one of Ireland's top selling Irish Whiskey brands. it is made of a blend of grain whiskeys and tripple distilled pot still whiskeys. The flavor of it is rather complex, with notes of honey and spices.
- Jameson Irish Whiskey. Jameson Irish Whiskey is the best selling variety of Irish whiskey in the world. As one of the top Irish whiskey brands, Jameson sells more than twenty million bottles each year.
- Greenore Single Grain Whiskey. Single grain whiskeys is one of the lesser common varieties of grain whiskeys, and Greenore also is produced in limited quantities. So, it may not be that easy to find. It is produced in eight and fifteen year old varieties.
- Midleton Very Rare Whiskey. This Irish whiskey is one of the smoothest around. An interesting note about this Irish whiskey brand is that each year, since 1984, a new vintage variety, which has been aged up to 25 to 27 years, is produced.
- Tullamore Dew Irish Whiskey. Tullamore Dew is the second most popular Irish whiskey in the world and is available in most countries. It has a somewhat sweet flavor with noticeable spice and is a triple distilled variety.
- Locke's Irish Whiskey. Locke's Irish whiskey is available as an eight year old peated single malt or a high malt blend. Both are full in fruity flavor, but this whiskey is difficult to find outside of Ireland.
- Connemara Peated Single Malt Whiskey. This Irish whiskey brand is one of few peated whiskeys produced in Ireland. However, unlike Greenore, it is much more widely available. In fact, it is the only single malt Irish whiskey that is exported to other countries.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Paul F. Tompkins interviews entertainers—Key and Peele, Alison Brie, Rob Delaney, Zach Galifianakis—about all sor …
10 Things Women Expect Men to Know How To Do
To make ladies swoon or at least not cringe, you’d better be able to handle the following…
Emma Watson and Other Child Stars Who Grew Up To Be Hot
Throughout the Harry Potter film series, we've seen Emma Watson transform from a lovable child star into a burgeoning sex symbol. She's not the first actress to do so, and she cert …