Jazz Radio Stations
Learn about some of the best jazz radio station in the United States to listen to in your car or at your computer. Listening to music while working on a computer program or a class paper is a good way to help you concentrate. Each station plays a diverse selection jazz music for listeners to enjoy.
- WBGO 88.3 F.M. This New York radio station was named one of the best jazz radio stations by Esquire Magazine in 2009. For over 30 years they have broadcast upcoming new performers in jazz and blues. One of the programs they broadcast, "JazzSet with Dee Dee Bridgwater", is a popular NPR program. They also attend jazz festivals and broadcast live from different US locations. Visit the site at http://www.wbgo.org/jazzset
- WCLK 91.9 FM. This station has been affiliated with HBCU Clark Atlanta University Broadcasting since 1974. The station promotes local talent and funds events and festivals throughout Atlanta. They play music from all the jazz greats young and old for listeners to enjoy. This radio station host traveling jazz tours and local talent in town. Some of the jazz programs they broadcast are "Jazz at Sundown", "Jazz After Hours", and "Morning Jazz". Visit the site at http://www.wclk.com/
- WNCU 90.7 FM. This station is a licensed radio station for North Carolina Central University. It strives to entertain the jazz listener and educate those that want to learn more about the genre. It supports and broadcasts shows like "Piano Jazz", "Jazz Profiles" and "Jazz at the Lincoln Center". Local broadcasts include local North Carolina jazz program like "Jazz at Duke University" and the "North Carolina Jazz Repertory Orchestra". Visit the site at http://www.wncu.org/staff/
- JazzRadio.com. This is an Internet station that provides you with 26 stations to choose from that play jazz. The purpose is for you to enjoy jazz with the click of a mouse with no commercials or interference. The station plays all kinds of jazz music for the avid listener like trumpet jazz, saxophone jazz, cool jazz, classic jazz, piano jazz, mellow jazz, smooth jazz, latin jazz and more. Visit the station at http://www.jazzradio.com/
- KSDS 88.3 A.M. This station is dedicated to promoting jazz as an art form to listeners. It is a nonprofit organization that is part of the San Diego City College Foundation district. It began jazz programming in 1973 and became the only full time jazz radio station in San Diego in 1985. In 1993, it was awarded the Jazz Station of the Year by the National Association of Broadcasters. The stations feature new and upcoming artists. Visit the website at http://www.jazz88.org/index.php