Jealousy In Relationships
If jealousy is a problem in your relationship, you need a crash course in how to handle jealousy in relationships. Jealousy is a normal feeling, but left unchecked, it can get out of hand. Luckily, there are some easy things to do to handle jealousy in a relationship. Follow these steps to handle jealousy in relationships, before your relationship is destroyed beyond repair.
- Talk about the jealousy. Do not be stupid and try to ignore the jealousy in the relationship. If you and your partner truly want to work out the issue, you are going to have to talk about it. If she is the one that is having the jealousy issues, your instinct might be just to blow off her concerns. However, you need to reassure her that you care for her. You also need to let her know that you are there to help her work through her issues. If you are the one with the issues, you need to be honest with her. Tell her what stirs up the jealous feelings in you.
- Be an open book. You might not want your partner to know everything that you are doing, but too bad! If there is jealousy in the relationship, you need to be open and honest with your partner about every aspect of your life. If she wants to know where you are going as soon as you are done with work, you need to tell her. This also means that you need to return her calls and text messages in a timely manner. This might sound dramatic, but if you want the relationship to work, this is what you need to do.
- Make the decision to trust each other. This can be hard, but you need to dig deep and gather up the courage to do it. The truth is that a relationship without trust is not worth having. In order for this to work, you both have to become trustworthy. This means that if a super hot chick comes onto you, you need to politely tell her that you are in a committed relationship.
- Give each other space. Once you have made the commitment to trust each other and work on the jealously in your relationship, you need to give each other some space. You still need to be open books to each other, while giving each other some space. This means that you have to trust each other enough not to be together twenty-four hours a day. Of course, when you are together, you need to be honest with each other about what you did when you were apart from each other.
- Work on your own self-esteem. One of the biggest causes of jealousy in relationships is low self-esteem. You need to take a long hard look at yourself in the mirror. You need to figure out what you like about yourself. Whenever you have jealous feelings, you need to remind yourself about all of your positive qualities. Building up yourself esteem will not only help your relationship, it will give you more confidence in all aspects of your life.