This is an easy and quick Jello shots recipe. The Jello shot concept is actually alcoholic jello, and the popularity of these shots has increased over the last few years due its uniqueness, although the idea of mixing Jello and alcohol is far from being new. The advantage of preparing Jello shots is that you can make dozens or more all at once, depending on the number of guests at your party or reunion. A second advantage is that Jello shots are popular at any time of the year. If Jello shots are served in shot glasses, the vibrant colors of the different Jello flavors shimmer wonderfully and create a festive atmosphere. If served in paper cups, make sure to provide small spoons to use in scooping out the Jello. These shots contain as much alcohol as any regular shot, so be cautious and warn your guests. It’s very important to use alcohol only up to 100 proof diluted 50/50 with water (or a little more water, if you want to make it less strong). If you use over 100 proof, the Jello won't set. Let’s get started!
- 1 box (6 oz.) raspberry Jello
- 2 cups water
- 2 cups vodka, (or any alcoholic beverage).
- Bring the water to a boil in a medium saucepan.
- Remove it from the heat, and add in the Jello, stirring, until thoroughly dissolved.
- Let it cool for fifteen to twenty minutes.
- Stir in the vodka.
- Pour mixture into shot glasses or shot paper cups.
- Refrigerate until set, (at least six hours).
- Makes 30 to 32 one ounce Jello shots.
The proof number is twice the percent of alcohol in a beverage. A 100 proof means 50 percent alcohol.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
10 Red Flags That Kill Your Chances With Women
Wondering why that first date didn’t lead to a second? Read on.
How to Turn (Almost) Every Lady’s Head
Top female stylists share their favorite men’s looks.
6 Signs the Beard Is Just Not Working for You
You may need to grab a razor and ditch the facial fuzz.