Whether you are following the Biggest Loser Diet or doing it on your own, try these Jillian Michaels recipes in your diet. If you are trying to lose weight it is important to have healthy foods you will enjoy eating. These Jillian Michaels recipes will give you the best of both.
1. Muffins with Bueberries and Banana
- olive oil spray for tins
- 3/4 cup mashed bananas (very ripe)
- 3/4 cup nonfat plain yogurt
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/3 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups white whole wheat flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup blueberries (fresh or frozen)
- Preheat oven to 425. Spray muffin tin with olive oil
- Stir together bananas, yogurt, honey, olive oil, and vanilla.
- In a separate bowl, sift together flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Add these dry ingredients to the banana mixture and combine. Fold in the blueberries.
- Spoon the batter into the muffin tins. Place in oven and reduce heat to 400 degrees. Bake for 35 to 40 minutes. Let cool in the tin.
2. Steel-Cut Oats
- 1 cup almond milk
- 1 cup quick cooking steel-cut oats
- 2 apples, cored and chopped into 1/2 inch pieces
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 4-5 tsp organic maple syrup
- 1/3 cup chopped pecans
- In a saucepan combine the almond milk, 1 cup water and the oats. Bring to a boil over high heat.
- Reduce heat to low, cover and simmer until most of the liquid is absorbed. About 10 minutes.
- Turn off heat and let stand, covered for 5 minutes.
- While oatmeal is cooking, put apples, cinnamon, and 1/2 tsp of the syrup, and 1 tbsp of water into a saucepan. Cook over medium heat until apples are soft. Stir in pecans.
- Stir apples and nuts into the oatmeal.
- Drizzle maple syrup over each serving.
3. Pear Sorbet
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tbsp honey
- 4 large pears, peeled, cored, and chopped
- 1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 3/4 cup ruby port wine
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1 star anise
- In saucepan bring 1/2 cup of the honey and 1/2 cup water to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 1 minute.
- Remove from heat and cool completely.
- In food processor, pulse pears and lemon juice until finely chopped. Add cooled honey and process until smooth. Cool, then place in bowl and freeze for six hours.
- For sauce place rest of ingredients in a saucepan. Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer until the syrup has thickened, about 30 minutes. Remove from heat and cool, taking out cinnamon stick and star anise.
- Chop frozen pear mixture into pieces and reprocess in food processor. Drizzle each serving with syrup.
4. Cranberry Diet Drink
- 60 oz distilled water
- 1 tbsp sugar free cranberry juice
- 1 dandilion tea bag
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- Combine all indredients.
- Serve in tall glasses throughout the day.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
15 Signs She Wants You to Come Talk to Her at the Bar
These not-so-subtle hints mean legit interest—and time for action.
What Your Jeans Tell Her About You
Because for women, denim is truth serum.
15 Types of Tattoos Worth the Newfound Health Risks
That dumb bet you lost in college? It’s actually endearing.