John Mayer sports a number of tattoos that symbolizes various aspects of his life. His choice of tattoos reflects his multi-faceted nature as a person, as a fan, a musician, and a lover. John might look boyish and clean but he does have a fascinating collection of tattoos.
- Traditional Japanese sleeve tattoo. John Mayer started with his traditional Japanese tattoo on his left arm during in travel in Japan in 2008. It was an imposing work featuring cherry blossoms, koi fish, and swirls. None other but the famous Horitoshi, father of traditional Japanese tattoo, started this artwork on John Mayer.
- Home Life tattoo. The title of his melancholic song Home Life is tattooed on his arms with “home” on the left biceps and “life” on his right. Having it tattooed on his body affirms that in spite of being a big celebrity, travels, and lovers, Mayer longingly thinks of his home and finally finding a girl with whom he can be at home forever.
- “SRV”. This tattoo stands for Stevie Ray Vaughan. SRV was one of the most influential musicians that inspired John Mayer in his teens. After receiving a rented guitar from his dad and an SRV cassette from his neighbor, John strummed and learned the blues. After graduating from high school and saving up, John Mayer finally bought a 1996 Stevie Ray Vaughan Strat guitar.
- “77”. John pays tribute to his birth year 1977 with a “77” tattoo on his left chest.
- Koi fish. John Mayer also has a koi fish tattoo on his right shoulder. Having stayed for some time in Japan, he was familiar with the legends surrounding this beautiful fish. It symbolizes courage, strength, and perseverance to achieve any goal and overcome any challenges.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Sarah Huckabee Sanders Dropped a Whopper, but It’s Not One o...
Prep for these fibs. Ladies will thank you, and that’s the truth.
15 Women Confess the One Thing They’d Never Admit to T...
"I masturbate any opportunity I get when he is not home.”
Brace Yourself for the Most Overrated Wrestlers of All Time
Let the outrage begin!