Join A Field Hockey League
If you are an avid field hockey player, you may be interested in learning how to join a field hockey league. If this is the case, there are several steps to take in order to be able to participate. However, once you have joined, you may find a complete community of people that have similar interests.
- Find a hockey league to join. Many times, you will see an advertisement for a field hockey league in the newspaper or maybe on signs outside of parks or other community areas. If you do find these signs, make sure that you write down the contact information.
- Contact the league. You may call or be able to find out more online. Fill out all of the contact and personal information in order to join the league. They may ask to have a doctor's okay before you are able to participate. After filling everything out, you will need to pay a certain amount of money in order to join a field hockey league.
- Meet your teammates. Most field hockey leagues allow people to join as individuals or to come in as a whole team. If you are an individual, the league will have some type of meet and greet to give you a chance to meet your fellow teammates.
- Attend practices. Once the team gets together, the field hockey league will be able to set up practices for each of the individual teams. Most of them try to work around everyone's schedule to make sure that they can all attend. If it is a team for children or young adults, there will probably be a coach. If there are adults, there may be a coach or they may coach themselves.
- Get a schedule. When you join a field hockey league, the games will all already be set up. Make sure that you get a copy of the schedule so that you know when you are going to play and what teams you are going to play. Typically, field hockey leagues have games once a week.
- Enjoy the hockey league. Have a good time playing field hockey. Get to know as many people as possible. Spend time learning more about the game and improving your own personal game.
If you join a field hockey league, you have the opportunity to have a great time with friends and enjoy a hobby together.