Jump A Dirt Bike
When you’ve gained enough experience under your belt with riding dirt bikes, you will eventually need/want to learn how to jump a dirt bike. It will be the foundation for learning tricks and impressing friends and family, so it is almost essential to furthering your riding skill.
To jump a dirt bike, you will need:
- A jump
- A dirt bike
- The first step to jump a dirt bike is to approach the jump at a fast rate. The jump will require lots of momentum and speed, and the only way to supply this is to get a good start with lots of speed. Also, make sure you’re standing on the bike while your knees are crouched a bit.
- Remember to grip the bike with your legs. Gripping the dirt bike with your legs will provide you more control over it, and your arms and hand will be more free to steer.
- Pull the handlebars up just before you leave the ground. This will help provide direction to the bike as well as a little more momentum. Remember to keep your throttle steady throughout this process so that you don’t make a mistake.
- While in air, set your landing up. You don’t have a lot of time to do this while in air, so it’s important to get it right within this small time frame. Everyone has their personal preference for landing, but the best and safest way to land a jump on a dirt bike is to land on the back wheel first and then the front.
- Remember to simultaneously place both feet on both pegs while landing. This will create a smooth landing, and you will have completed the jump afterwards!