There are many Kamikaze drink recipes but, the purest form of this drink contains just three ingredients: vodka, triple sec and lime juice. Originally named in Japan where a kamikaze was a fighter plane used in suicide missions, drinking too many Kamikaze cocktails may just put you on the ground just like that pilot. The Kamikaze is a delicious cocktail if you like vodka … and a buzz.
To make one Kamikaze cocktail, you will need:
- 1.5 ounces of good vodka/ Buy the best quality vodka you can afford. A good brand to shoot for is Stoli or Absolute. If you just got paid, go for the Grey Goose.
- 1 ounce triple sec
- 1 ounce lime juice
- A martini shaker and martini glass
- Fresh ice
- A lime wedge or a piece of mint for a garnish
- Add the ice to the martini shaker. Add in the vodka, triple sec, and lime juice. Replace the martini shaker cover tightly.
- Shake well for at least ten seconds or until the shaker feels cold. Your goal is to have small shards of ice floating on top of the Kamikaze cocktail when you strain it into the glass.
- Strain the cocktail into the glass. Add a wedge of lime to the martini glass. If you're a lover of all things minty, float just a single mint leaf on top of the Kamikaze.
Variations on the above Kamikaze drink recipe:
- Substitute Southern Comfort for the vodka and you have a delicious SoCo Kamikaze.
- Add another fruit flavored liquor, such as Chambord or apple schnapps to make the Kamikaze more interesting.
- Add a small drop of green food coloring and you've got a great St. Patrick's Day cocktail—who needs green beer?!
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
6 Things You Think Your Girlfriend Cares About But She Doesn...
Guys, it may be time to refocus your efforts.
Pro Wrestling Tales That Will Make You Feel Like Fighting
Don't get too riled up.
9 Rappers With “Young” In Their Names Who Aren’t So Young An...
They get older, their monikers stay the same age.