Kansas City Attractions
If you are planning a trip to the area, be sure to check out these fine Kansas City attractions. Some are on the Missouri side and some are on the Kansas side. Whether you delight in smooching in your car at the drive-in or watching someone drive his car around a racetrack at 100 miles per hour, you can do it in Kansas City. Enjoy a laid back visit to the museum or an exciting game of chance at the casino, whatever fits your mood.
- Strawberry Hill Museum. Start your day off mellow in Kansas City at this museum and cultural center. It contains over 30 rooms with exhibits representing Croatia, the Netherlands, Russia and more, including a room dedicated to Pope John Paul II. After you check out the rooms, have a spot of tea in the tearoom where they serve Slavic desserts. Don't forget to hit the gift shop on the way out. 720 North 4th Street, Kansas City
- Treasures of the Steamboat Arabia. The next attraction you want to see in Kansas City is the Steamboat Arabia located on the famous Missouri River. Take a tour through a boat rugged adventurers rode to make new homes in the west. Hear the story of how they loaded it with 200 tons of cargo, only to watch the boat and its load go down. Don't worry, it was recovered, but you'll have to see it to believe it. 400 Grand Blvd, Kansas City
- Union Station. This attraction is a historic landmark that holds an entire day's worth of activity. The exhibits include a miniature model roller coaster, chopper sculptures, and a model railroad. The whole family can enjoy scavenger hunts, and students will enjoy the Engineerium where they can learn science and technology while playing and performing experiments. 30 W Pershing Rd # 850, Kansas City
- Boulevard Drive-in. There aren't many drive-ins left in this country, so use this opportunity to snuggle up with your favorite 'snuggler' under the stars while watching a great movie. The Boulevard claims to be the first theater of its kind to feature high-tech digital sound that comes right out of your FM radio and speakers. How long has it been since you've been to a double feature? Check one out at the Boulevard tonight. 1051 Merriam Lane, Kansas City
- 7th Street Casino. After the movie, it is time for a little late night action. Head over to the 7th Street Casino. This attraction houses over 500 slot machines; so, there is plenty of room for you to take a machine for a spin. Get all your ducks in a row, and you could be the casino's next $10,000 winner. Even the address is lucky: 777 N 7th Street Trafficway, Kansas City