Some people might assume American rapper Kanye West's lyrics about women are degrading, but they are often uplifting. Kanye West mainly has a tasteful way to describe and talk about women in his lyrics. Many are about how he has screwed up in a relationship, or how he lusts after women. A lot of the lyrics incorporate clever pop culture references to compare the women too. The Kanye West lyrics about women are from songs ranging throughout the beginning of his career to songs released from his 2010 album.
- "From what I heard she got a baby by Busta. My best friend say she use to fuck with Usher. I don't care what none of you all say I still love her." These Kanye West lyrics abut women is from the song "Gold Digger," which is a single from his 2005 album "Late Registration." The lyrics are about a woman who has been with famous his-hop or R&B artists, but Kanye wants her anyway. The entire song is about women who want men that can provide them with the finer things in life. This Kanye West song also features actor turned musician Jamie Foxx.
- "How could you be so Dr. Evil? You bringing out a side of me that I don't know. I decided we weren't gonna speak so why we up 3 A.M. on the phone?" The Kanye West song "Heartless" is lyrically about not being able to end a relationship with a woman. He wants to end things, but cannot shake the hold she has on him. Lyrically, it is about a woman who has a hold on a man even when he wants out. This specific Kanye West lyric about women has a play on words with Dr. Evil, because that is the name of Austin Powers arch nemesis in all the "Austin Power" movies. "Heartless" is a slower song, and Kanye West sings the chorus in an acapella style.
- "Why she always lying though telling me them diamonds when she know they rhinestones. She got a light skinned friend look like Michael Jackson, got a dark skinned friend look like Michael Jackson." Released as a single from Kanye West's 2004 debut album "College Dropout," this song also features Jamie Foxx and Twista. This specific Kanye West lyric is physically comparing women to Michael Jackson. Jackson went from dark to light skinned, and these lyrics are a play on words about Jackson's physical transformation. The entire song has tribute lyrics to smooth and soul artists, so the comparison of Jackson to women's skin tones was meant in a fun manner.
- "Stop dancing with your girlfriend and come dance with me. Stop talking about your boyfriend since he is not me. Stop running up my tab cause these drinks is not free." The entire Kanye West song "Drunk & Hot Girls" has lyrics about women. The lyrics come from the song "Drunk & Hot Girls" from Kanye West's 2007 album, "Graduation." The lyrics express how women act at the club, and how he wants them to act. It is almost written in story form about trying to pick up women at a bar, and what happens trying to take them home. This Kanye West song features Mos Def.
- "I don't know what it is with females, but I'm not too good with that shit. See, I could have me a good girl and still be addicted to them hoodrats." These Kanye West lyrics about women is from the 2010 song "Runaway" which features Pusha T. The songs lyrics are about douchebags and losers which includes him. These specific Kanye West lyrics touches on how when he picks women to date, he always goes for the wild girls instead of the good women. Even though West is aware of his problem with women, he still makes the same mistakes. The song "Runaway" is from Kanye West's 2010 album, "My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy."
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
How to Turn (Almost) Every Lady’s Head
Top female stylists share their favorite men’s looks.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Russell Peters interviews entertainers about all sorts of topics, neither the drinks nor the conversation is wate …
6 Signs the Beard Is Just Not Working for You
You may need to grab a razor and ditch the facial fuzz.