Kapidex Side Effects
Kapidex side effects are sometimes experienced by those taking the drug for the management of heartburn and esophagitis or stomach acidity. Most people tolerate the use of Kapidex fairly well but just as other medicines Kapidex side effects still occur and manifest the following symptoms most especially with abrupt discontinued use:
- Diarrhea. This is the most common Kapidex side effect occurring in about 0.7% of Kapidex therapy. Diarrhea usually occurs upon the discontinued use of the drug. Loose bowel movement is commonly experienced with high occurrence between one to six months of taking Kapidex. Female have higher rate of experiencing diarrhea as Kapidex side effects and is very common with increasing age.
- Blood disorder. Anemia is very common as a Kapidex side effect resulting to a low red blood cell count. One experiences abnormal bruising and bleeding signs are common as well. Faintness, bleeding gums and nose, bleeding from the digestive tract and vagina and rashes due to blood clot formation usually occur.
- Cardiac disorder. It is possible to develop angina, bradycardia, edema, chest pain, palpitation, and myocardial infarction as consequences of using Kapidex. Females are prone to myocardial infarction than men while the risk is increasing with age.
- Gastrointestinal disorder. This type of Kapidex side effect is commonly felt as abdominal discomfort. One may develop constipation, breath odor, abnormal fecal discharges, dyspepsia, gastric polyps, swallowing difficulty, anal discomfort, and dry mouth. To a greater extent, Kapidex side effect may produce the development of gastric ulcers and perforation of the stomach wall, oral mucosal blistering, and rectal hemorrhage.
- Musculoskeletal disorders. A person suffering from Kapidex side effects may also be prone to developing arthritis, muscle cramps, and other forms of musculoskeletal pain. Females generally have a higher risk to develop arthritis.
- Standing medical conditions. It is recommended that in order to avoid the adverse consequences of Kapidex side effects to consult a physician before taking the medication. The drug can aggravate conditions such as cirrhosis, allergies and liver failure.