Keri Hilson Lyrics
If you're looking for some great Keri Hilson lyrics, these are the best from her popular singles. American R&B recording artist and songwriter Keri Hilson writes a lot of her lyrics about both good and bad relationships. Sometimes she creates lyrics in a universal manner, but they are mainly from the female perspective. Keri Hilson is a gifted songwriter who writes catchy lyrics that are easy to learn and sing a long to.
- "Sometimes love comes around and it knocks you down. Just get back up when it knocks you down." This Keri Hilson lyric is the chorus to her single "Knock You Down." The song is off her 2009 mixtape "Ms. Keri" and the track features guest vocals from Kanye West, and Ne-Yo. These lyrics are universal so both men and women can relate to what she is singing. Anyone can fall in love unexpectedly, and if it knocks you down, always remember things will get better. It is up to yourself to get back on track for a happy life.
- "Pretty as a picture, sweeter than a swisher. Mad 'cause I'm cuter than the girl that's with you, I don't gotta talk about it baby you can see it, but if you want I'll be happy to repeat it." All the lyrics in this Keri Hilson song represent self-confidence. She makes no apologies for having high self-esteem, and she wants to show how everyone should be confident. These specific lyrics are cute and fun, which goes along with the uptempo beat. When Keri Hilson sings she is sweeter than a swisher, she is referring to Swisher Sweets Cigars, which are flavored.
- "Now you threatin' to leave me so, but, ordinarily I would be biting my tongue, but, you couldn't picture me gone. Thought I be sittin at home, while you was doing me wrong." These Keri Hilson lyrics are about a boyfriend who thought she would never leave him. They are from the song “How Does It Feel” which is a song about standing up for yourself and not letting a significant other bring you down. He was not treating her properly, and she finally had enough and left him. The song is from her 2009 album "In A Perfect World..."
- "I'm having nightmares from sleeping with the enemy. How do we re-reverse the chemistry. I don't want us to be the end of me. This love is taking all of my energy." Women can sometimes hold onto a relationship even if it drains all the energy out of them. These Keri Hilson lyrics are about wanting to let go of a bad relationship that has taken over her life. Letting go of someone you once loved and had so much passion with is hard to do, but in order to gain her life back, she has to find a way. These lyrics are the chorus from the song “Energy” which is a track from her 2009 album "In A Perfect World..."
- “Don't try to buy me bottles, got my own dollars. I could by up the bar if I wanted.” The song “Turnin’ Me On” is about wanting respect from men. Keri Hilson wrote the lyrics about guys who think they can charm any girl in the room, but they need to recognize it takes more than charm and money to hook a girl. In these specific lyrics, Hilson expresses how she does not need a man to buy her an expensive bottle of liquor to impress her, because she can afford it on her own.