If you start hearing a grinding or groaning noise coming from one wheel of your Kia Sedona, then you might need a list of Kia Sedona wheel bearing repair tips. If so, it might be time for a bearing change. A worn wheel bearing can be the cause of loss of control over the steering and even the wheel departing from the steering assembly.
To follow this list of Kia Sedona wheel bearing repair tips you will need:
- Torque wrench
- Butane torch
- Wheel bearings are fairly easy to replace. But sometimes, if the bearing has split inside the hub body, it can weld itself to the sides and be very difficult to remove. Using a butane torch to heat up the bearing itself and using a screwdriver you can maneuver it out.
- Newer Kia Sedonas have sealed bearings, which means you cannot replace just the bearings. The whole hub assembly needs to be replaced. While the hub unit will last much longer than the replaceable bearings, it is more costly when it does breakdown. The anti-locking braking system (ABS) is usually attached to the hub casing and that needs to be removed too.
- When you are removing the hub nuts and wheel bearings do not use an impact or air gun. It will damage the bearings, and once you have them out you can decipher whether to repack them with grease or replace altogether. When tightening, use a torque wrench, this will save the new bearings from being damaged from over-tightening.
- Be very careful when using a butane torch around the brake lines and the fuel lines if working on the rear hubs. Heat the hub unit itself, it will be iron or steel which will heat up and allow you to pop out the bearings, which are stainless steel and will not expand as quickly.
- If you need to use a screwdriver to prise the wheel bearing out, it's already too late. You've committed yourself and there will be a high chance that you have already damaged the bearing. Always buy a new bearing before commencing work, in case the bearing is too damaged to re-use.
One last point, if you need to replace a wheel bearing on one side of the vehicle, there is a high chance the opposite side will need replacing too.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
15 Signs She Wants You to Come Talk to Her at the Bar
These not-so-subtle hints mean legit interest—and time for action.
What Your Jeans Tell Her About You
Because for women, denim is truth serum.
15 Women Confess the One Thing They’d Never Admit to T...
"I masturbate any opportunity I get when he is not home.”