A beginning kickboxer can never learn enough kickboxing moves. Even the more advanced athlete in this field will need to keep learning new moves in order for him to further advance in the sport. Several good kickboxing moves will be described in this article below. The instructions listed are for reference only. It is suggested that you discuss each move with your kickboxing instructor before performing it on an opponent.
- The Jab Punch. This kickboxing move is started from the front stance position. It targets a little below the nose, temple, middle of ribcage, and the carotid artery of the kickboxer's opponent. The technique to execute the Jab Punch is to have the two first knuckles in alignment with the target area. The kickboxer's chin should be tucked in. For more power, the shoulder and hips should extend into the punch.
- Three Punch Combo. The starting position for the three punch combo is from the kickboxing stance. This kickboxing move consists of three consecutive quick punches to the body, head and again to the head.
- Elbow Strike. The Elbow Strike is started from a short stance position. One open hand should be extended. This kickboxing move is a close and powerful one. It targets the jaw, neck, cheekbone and temple of the opponent.
- Falling Star. The Falling Star kickboxing move should be performed as a finishing move. It can be started from any position and targets only the face. The goal of this move is to punch your opponent from the air with your full weight. Starting from ten feet away, dash approximately five feet. Next, jump while coming down with your fist.
- Tai-Chitach Uppercut Combo. This kickboxing move is approved by The Kickboxing Association. Abs should be tight when starting the Tai-Chitach Uppercut Combo. The starting position for this move is on the balls of the foot with fists up. This move targets the opponent's chin via three uppercuts and also a sidekick to the ribs. It is highly important that you have proper training before applying this move as it can cause knee and torso damage!