Kings Of Leon Songs
Kings of Leon songs have relatable lyrics and fast paced guitar solos. They blend southern rock and blues to form their unique hard hitting sound. The majority of their songs are guitar driven, whether it be electric or acoustic. The American rock band Kings of Leon have won multiple Grammy Awards for their songs over the years. Kings of Leon formed back in 1999, but it was not until 2008 that the band reached mainstream success. Since then it has been a whirlwind of hit song after hit song.
- "Use Somebody" This Kings of Leon song is about feeling alone, and missing home while touring. The song is from their 2008 album "Only By the Night." It is a slow, heartfelt tune that was written by lead vocalist Caleb Followill. It reached #1 on four Billboard charts, which is the first time that happened since Green Day's 2004-2005 song "Boulevard of Broken Dreams." This Kings of Leon song won Record of the Year, Best Rock Song and Best Rock Performance By A Duo Or Group With Vocals at the 2010 Grammy Awards.
- "Fans" Released in 2007 from the album "Because of the Times," this Kings of Leon song never made it on U.S. Billboard Hot 100, but it reached #13 on UK Billboard Hot 100. Kings of Leon gained popularity in the UK before the Unites States, and this song has a lyric which tributes fans from the United Kingdom. "Fans" has a rough sound musically, and is guitar driven which is why they decided to release it as the second single, and not the first.
- "Sex on Fire" The Kings of Leon song that broke the band into mainstream popularity was "Sex on Fire." The song was the lead single off their 2008 album, "Only By the Night." The sexually charged lyrics were written by the lead vocalist while he was on prescription painkillers. This Kings of Leon song was their first to reach #1 on the Billboard Modern Rock chart. It also won the band their first Grammy which was in the category, Best Rock Duo or Group With Vocal.
- "Black Thumbnail" This Kings of Leon song starts off with just lead vocalist Caleb Followill singing, and an acoustic guitar playing. The way that Caleb sings this song makes it somewhat hard to understand the lyrics. The song is about trying to change for a girl, but not being able to leave a fast-paced lifestyle. During "Black Thumbnail" there are two highly charged electric guitar solos, which brings a hard hitting dynamic to the Kings of Leon song.
- "Crawl" Kings of Leon's first political song was "Crawl." At first, Kings of Leon refused to write a political song, but changed their minds and decided to make it a hard hitting rock song, instead of a ballad that others bands create. The lyrics are about how America has been beat down by mother nature, and now we must learn to crawl before standing tall again. This Kings of Leon song is from their 2008 album "Only By the Night."