The Kiss discography offers up an excellent selection of songs and albums that characterized the classic “Detroit Rock City” band hailing from Detroit, Michigan. Kiss developed their sound in the 1970s when rock music was at its height. The music of Kiss is enjoyed by those both young and old. While Kiss may be considered one of the older bands in the genre of rock music, the music of Kiss is enjoyed as much today as it was when it hit airways in the early 70s. So without further ado, here’s a glance at some of the discography of Kiss that you should be familiar with.
- “Detroit Rock City” This anthem from the “Destroyer” album became the theme song for Kiss who performed the song at many of their biggest live concerts. It has been covered by bands such as Green Day and Metallica, and will continue to be played well after the existence of Kiss. Detroit Rock City is one of our favorite songs from Kiss because of its memorable riffs and lyrics. This song was also featured in various movies, such as "Detroit Rock City" and "Kiss: Animalize Live Uncensored," making the song a hit in pop culture.
- “I Wanna Rock & Roll All Night (And Party Every Day)” Another classic from Kiss is this song, commonly also referred to as “I Wanna Rock and Roll All Night” among other lesser known titles. Like "Detroit Rock City," this song became a staple of the Kiss discography and has also been covered by various other popular rock bands such as Poison and LA Guns.
- “Calling Dr. Love” This song, another staple in the Kiss discography, has seen a recent increase in popularity. This song has been featured in various commercials along with front-man Gene Simmons promoting the Dr. Pepper brand and product. This song is also another staple in the Kiss line-up of live songs.
- “Shout It Out Loud” “Shout it, shout it, shout it out loud!” has been the staple of many Kiss fans for years since this killer track came out. “Shout It Out Loud” is another instant classic, being performed by Kiss in most of their live set-lists. This is also another song whose popularity grew in various Kiss releases.
- “Destroyer” "Destroyer" is one of the most popular albums in the Kiss discography. This album brings us classics like "Detroit Rock City," "Shout It Out Loud" and "Flaming Youth." This album is a memorable hit for Kiss fans because of the immense populaity and relevance of this album in the Kiss discography. “Destroyer” is a great place for young fans to start their journey down the road of Kiss discography.