The useful, the weird and the funny can all be found in the best kitchen gadget stores. From mega toasters to giving your kitchen utensils a science fiction theme, it's time to take a hard look at what you want from your kitchen devices. Spice your kitchen up with coolness from these stores:
- Thinkgeek: Creative meets useful with some serious branding in Thinkgeek's kitchen products. From turning your ice cubes into ice brains to delivering your cookies in ninja shapes, Thinkgeek adds smiles and nostalgia to your kitchen gadget experience. Who hasn't wanted to intimidate a wine tasting with a corkscrew fist?
- Sur la table: Taking simple elegance and bringing it home, Sur la table carries a sizeable collection of everything you need to outfit your kitchen. This isn't to say that it is all pots and pans; their flexible spatula knife is a great little gadget that actually makes the concept of two in one useful and not shoddy. Take your cooking to the next level or at least buff up your presentation.
- Joie: Fun, fun and then a serious dash of wacky throws Joie into the mix. Whimsy mixes with thoughtful ergonomic design and provides a full serving of gadgets to grab your eye. Many of their offerings are well suited towards teaching kids a love of cooking and baking while keeping it fun enough to not lose their attention.
- Fusion Brands: An eye for design makes Fusion Brands noticeable but the actual utility of their products makes them stand out from the pack. Simplistic gadgets that target single cooking activities such as egg poaching or steaming vegetables shine. Fusion Brands sees real needs, meets them head on, and still manages to package each kitchen gadget in a very cool manner.
- A+R: A gathering place for the cool and trendy kitchen gadgets. Featuring unique items such as credit card sized cutlery, A + R brings a large spectrum to market. Many items to garner curiousity and exclamations from your guests thus making it a great store to check out.
- Williams Sonoma: A powerful name in gadgetry, Williams Sonoma answers that question of what to do when you're unwilling to toast just two slices of bread at one time. Keeping seasonal, this store makes sure to cater to your holiday needs while still keeping all the basic gadgets you need in stock. The brick and mortar aspect allow a more intimate experience when shopping as well as providing snacking for the empty stomach.
- Le Gourmet Chef: A place to fill up that hole in your nostalgic memories by finally buying a popcorn trolley and fill your wallet by black alley popcorn sales in the movie theatre at the same time. Basic kitchen gadgets but also interesting gadgets such as outdoor stands for electric grills and soft serve ice cream makers. Making nostalgia an obtainable goal rather than a wispy memory brings Le Gourmet Chef into the rankings.
- Chef's Catalog: Gadgets are abound here such as the cherry stone remover. Everyone is different somehow and surely someone out there is tired of manual cherry pit removal. Who could possibly think their life is complete without an actual waffle maker that flips?
- Amazon: The reigning king of accoutrements, Amazon carries kitchen gadgets and depending on your shipping needs can be a boon to the smaller purchase. Amazon isn't just for those who wish to keep their herbs fresh or pick up the latest deals on non-stick pans but also keeps it weird by offering, no joke, goggles to wear when cutting onions. Test any relationship by wearing these while cooking dinner and you'll save on the cost of a private investigator.
- Toys R Us: How can Toys R Us even be close to a ranking in kitchen gadgets? Three words will convince you: Easy-Bake Oven. The concept of cooking cupcakes all day anywhere should still blow your mind or else your soul might be dead. It was fascinating forty years ago and will still beat out the Hadron Collider in a fight.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Paul F. Tompkins interviews entertainers—Key and Peele, Alison Brie, Rob Delaney, Zach Galifianakis—about all sor ...
Meet Madeline Brewer, Netflix Princess
The Orange is the New Black and Hemlock Grove beauty discusses fitness and dating.
The 5 Types of Beer You Should Know
Get familiar with these basics, and you'll be ready to rule the craft-beer universe.