Renovating your kitchen, and need kitchen tile backsplash ideas? Even if you have a limited budget, kitchen tile backsplashes are an easy way to update your kitchen without spending a lot of money. Keep reading to learn about several different types of tile backsplashes that make a big statement without breaking the bank.
- Metal. Tin ceiling tins make a unique and inexpensive kitchen tile backsplash. In just a few hours for less than $100 you can make a beautiful kitchen backsplash. Just cut the tin tiles to size and use construction adhesive to stick the tiles to your wall. Be careful cutting the tin tiles as the edges are very sharp.
- Ceramic tile. Ceramic tiles are an ideal backsplash idea for homeowners on a budget. Ceramic tile comes in a wide variety of colors and finishes, and is perfect for a custom look without the custom price tag. For the best deal for your money, buy yourself a book about tiling and some grout, and do the installation yourself.
- Melamine laminate. Melamine laminate wall panels are a great kitchen backsplash idea because they are cheap and easy to install. Wall panels easily cut into tiles that will fit any size backsplash. As an added bonus, splatters are easily cleaned off the backsplash with a damp rag.
- Recycled glass. Making a backsplash from glass tile can get pretty expensive. Recycled glass tile, made from reclaimed and recycled glass, is a great alternative at a cheaper price point. Perfect for the environmental enthusiasts and a great conversation starter during dinner party, recycled glass tile comes in a variety of colors and sizes.
- Cork. What’s better than a natural looking kitchen backsplash? A natural looking backsplash with a function. Buy some water resistant cork wall tiles from your local hardware store and get to work. These fun and functional tiles have adhesive backs and are simple to instill. All you’ll need is a box of tacks and you’re ready to roll.
- Granite. Granite makes for a beautiful and durable, but expensive backsplash. To keep costs low, visit a local quarry and as the owner if he has any “seconds” or “irregulars.” Buying granite tiles or pieces, is much cheaper then buying a whole slab.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
15 Women Confess the One Thing They’d Never Admit to T...
"I masturbate any opportunity I get when he is not home.”
Sarah Huckabee Sanders Dropped a Whopper, but It’s Not One o...
Prep for these fibs. Ladies will thank you, and that’s the truth.
15 Signs She Wants You to Come Talk to Her at the Bar
These not-so-subtle hints mean legit interest—and time for action.