Mobile cuisine is the new trend in big cities, and the best LA food trucks rival stationary restaurants for their creativity and quality of food, but are often more convenient and more affordable. Parked near hot night-spots, places where large numbers of office buildings are located, or Hollywood studios, these LA food trucks bring the food to the people, and those who follow them on Twitter or other online ways are bringing the people to the food. Here are five of the best LA food trucks.
- Komodo Food Truck. A unique Asian/Latin fusion, Komodo changes the idea of the typical "taco truck" into something spanning the globe with a gourmet style. One of the most popular LA food trucks, Komodo's location can be found @komodofood on Twitter. All of the gourmet entrees are available in taco or burrito form, with such diverse options as seared Asian skirt steak with southwest corn salad and grilled orange marinated chicken with rice.
- Kogi Korean BBQ Taco Truck. Another variation on the taco truck, Kogi is a fusion of Korean, Mexican and American favorites, pub food with an international twist. Among LA food trucks, it has been known for having some of the longest lines, so if you see Kogi and have a craving, drop everything. This truck can be found by following @kogibbq on Twitter.
- Grill Em All Truck. One of the original food truck trend-setters is this burger, sandwich and French fries staple. This exemplary member of the LA food trucks community won the Great American Food Truck race and can be found in and around Downtown Los Angeles by following their truck on Twitter. Be sure to try the Waste 'Em All, topped with green chilies and beer soaked onions.
- Buttermilk Truck. A breakfast food staple, Buttermilk Truck has pancakes, French toast, and omelettes galore. The specialty of this popular example of LA food trucks, however, is the Hawaiian bread breakfast slider with Portuguese sausage. Buttermilk Truck cravers can locate this truck in the morning and late at night on Twitter.
- Nom Nom Truck. This Vietnamese food truck offers great banh mi sandwiches and can be located on Twitter. The final entry on our list of some of the best LA food trucks focuses on the West Los Angeles area, but many people have traveled from all over LA to line up since the truck's opening in 2009.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Paul F. Tompkins interviews entertainers—Key and Peele, Alison Brie, Rob Delaney, Zach Galifianakis—about all sor ...
Emma Watson and Other Child Stars Who Grew Up To Be Hot
Throughout the Harry Potter film series, we've seen Emma Watson transform from a lovable child star into a burgeoning sex symbol. She's not the first actress to do so, and she cert ...
What Makes Men Attractive to Women
What women want—confidence, a sense of humor and abs.