Save yourself a lot of money and use these Labor Day make it yourself decorations. The price that party supplies charge for Labor Day decorations is outrageous! Once the party is over, the decorations usually get tossed in the trash, so why spend a lot on them? Instead, create Labor Day make it yourself decorations this year. Here's how:
Supplies needed for Labor Day make it yourself decorations:
- Metallic craft paper
- Fishing line
- Red, white and blue paper or plastic cups
- Single hole punch
- White star stickers
- Inexpensive red, white and blue paper tablecloths
- Small white wicker baskets
Labor Day make it yourself decorations:
- Metallic stars. One of the most simple Labor Day make it yourself decorations is metallic stars. Purchase metallic craft paper at your local craft store, and cut them into large star shapes. Use a needle to poke a very small hole at the top of the star, and string fishing line through the hole. Hang the metallic stars by the fishing line, which will give the illusion of floating stars.
- Utensil holders. Purchase red, white and blue cups and decorate them with white star stickers. These cups can be used as utensil holders, napkin holders, or even as drinking glasses.
- Table confetti. The same metallic craft paper that was used for the metallic stars can be used to make table confetti. Again, these are very simple Labor Day make it yourself decorations. Simply use a single hole punch to punch out holes of the metallic craft paper. When you have a large amount of table confetti, sprinkle it all over buffet or dining tables at your party.
- Glimmering centerpieces. Labor Day make it yourself decorations require just a bit of imagination, but they'll turn out looking very attractive when they are complete. Find inexpensive red, white and blue paper tablecloths and use scissors to cut thin strips. Gather an assortment of all three colored strips, and bunch them together. Then, place the strips inside a small wicker basket. Place one on each table for a quick glimmering centerpiece.
It should be noted that most of the materials for these Labor Day make it yourself decorations can be found at discount stores, such as the Dollar Store. Have a great party!
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
How to Turn (Almost) Every Lady’s Head
Top female stylists share their favorite men’s looks.
10 Red Flags That Kill Your Chances With Women
Wondering why that first date didn’t lead to a second? Read on.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Russell Peters interviews entertainers about all sorts of topics, neither the drinks nor the conversation is wate …