Proper labret piercing care is very important to prevent infections and other issues with the piercing. A labret piercing is a piercing between the lower lip and the chin, commonly done with a steel or titanium ball or ring. Some soreness and swelling is normal for the first few days after a labret piercing, but proper labret piercing care will minimize problems.
For labret piercing care, you will need:
- alcohol-free mouthwash
- non-aspirin painkillers
- ice water
- fragrance-free antibacterial soap
- cotton swabs
- Avoid sucking motions, such as drinking through straws or smoking cigarettes. Straining your lip muscles can irritate the labret piercing.
- Rinse your mouth with alcohol-free mouthwash about five times a day. This will help with labret piercing care by keeping the inside of the labret piercing clean and germ-free, which will prevent infection.
- Take painkillers, such as ibuprofen or acetaminophen, to help with the pain and swelling. You can also drink ice water or suck on ice cubes to help with the pain of labret piercing care.
- Don’t take aspirin or other medication that thins your blood. This could make your labret piercing bleed, making proper labret piercing care more difficult. You should also avoid alcohol and caffeine.
- Wash the outside of the labret piercing twice a day with fragrance-free antibacterial soap and warm water. If a crust forms at the surface of the piercing, gently remove it with a cotton swab. Try not to move the ring or bar around too much until the piercing is healed.
- Sleep with your head elevated. This will help prevent the labret piercing from swelling overnight.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
8 Things All Guys Should Stop Doing by Age 30
You're a man now, dog.
15 Women Confess the One Thing They’d Never Admit to T...
"I masturbate any opportunity I get when he is not home.”
Sarah Huckabee Sanders Dropped a Whopper, but It’s Not One o...
Prep for these fibs. Ladies will thank you, and that’s the truth.