Lacrosse quotes are well-sought by diehard fans of the game. Being deeply rooted in the history and culture especially of the American Indians, lacrosse conveys deep meaning to those who play it. Lacrosse quotes can vary from the serious to the funny and to the down-right naughty.
- “I thought lacrosse was what you find in la church.” – This is a widely-known funny lacrosse quote from Robin Williams in 1982. Perhaps this echoes the fact that the game is not as popular like basketball, football, or baseball in the rest of the world. This is exactly what we can expect to hear from someone who has never heard of the game.
- “There are two times of the year that stir the blood: in the fall, for the hunt, and now for lacrosse.” – Nobody can say this quote better than the legendary Oren Lyons. As a faith-keeper for the Turtle Clan, professor and advocate for American Indian culture, and long-time lacrosse player, Prof Lyons brings to fore the excitement that lacrosse brings to both players and audience alike. It brings to mind how the spirit of combat is stirred especially during pre-colonial lacrosse games between clans.
- “When you talk about lacrosse, you talk about the lifeblood of the Six Nations. The game is ingrained into our culture and our system and our lives.” – This lacrosse quote is a very straight-forward quote from Oren Lyons in describing the deep significance of lacrosse in shaping Native American culture. The Six Nations refer to the six clans composing the Iroquois Confederancy, also known as the Haudenosaunee. During pre-colonial times, the game played religious significance among the clans and was also sometimes used to resolve conflicts instead of war.
- “Lacrosse – what MEN play during boys’ baseball season.” This unaccredited lacrosse quote was probably stamped in t-shirts during lacrosse games in college. The “baseball” could easily be changed into other games like basketball and football but this should be taken in stride. This quote only underpins the warrior-like attitude that American Indian players took when they played lacrosse during pre-colonial times.
- “Your boyfriend knows this isn’t the only shaft I play with.” – This is a naughty lacrosse quote along the vein of other quotes such as “Girl’s lacrosse: see, we’ve got shafts and balls too,” and “Chicks dig guys with a long pole.” The equipment used such as the stick and the rubber ball are naturally susceptible for naughty quotes such as these. Beyond the naughtiness, these quotes simply show the pride of players and fans to this game.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Russell Peters interviews entertainers about all sorts of topics, neither the drinks nor the conversation is wate …
10 Kung Fu Movies Every Man Should See
From the absolute classics to the so-bad-they're-amazing.
How to Turn (Almost) Every Lady’s Head
Top female stylists share their favorite men’s looks.