Lacrosse Strength Training Workout
Creating a lacrosse strength training workout that can bring a player to his optimal potential is important to player development. Here is a total body lacrosse training lacrosse workout that can be done three times a week. Remember to include a dynamic warm-up and cool down pre and post workout. In addition, core exercises preceding the lacrosse strength training workout to develop a strong core.
- Work your Quadriceps and Gluteus Maximus. Doing overhead, front and jump squats along with lunges will help build these muscles. These strong muscles will give you the power you need to drive down the field.
- Strengthen the lower back, hips and legs. Good Mornings exercise movement should be included in a lacrosse strength training workout. The Good Morning exercise gives your hamstrings a workout as well as your lower back and abs. It is called a good morning because the movement looks like you are bowing a greeting to someone. Take a barbell and place behind the shoulders keeping a wide grip. Slowly bend and move back hips until the lower upper body is parallel to floor. Rise and repeat. Start with learning the proper form of the exercise with light weights. Strengthening these muscles will keep you rounded and keep you on your field route.
- Build strong calf muscles. The stronger your calves become, the faster and more explosive you will be able to jump. The stronger your calves become the faster and more explosive you will be able to jump. Incorporating calf raises in a lacrosse strength training workout is important to building an explosive leg.
- Development upper body strength. Upper body strength training in a lacrosse workout is key to be able to fight for the ball. Bench Press with free weights or workout using a pec deck machine will increase your pectoral muscles.
- Improve your shoulder strength. In a lacrosse training lacrosse workout, include exercises that work your shoulders and trapezoids. These include cable rows upright rows and lateral raises. Strong shoulders will assist in stick managing and power shots.