Lake County Schools
For parents that reside in the suburbs of Chicago, Illinois, it can be helpful to learn about the numerous Lake County schools. Lake County is situated in northeastern Illinois, and is approximately 45 minutes away from the center of bustling downtown Chicago. It is classified as being part of the Chicago metropolitan area. Waukegan is the county seat. Some notable points of interest in affluent Lake County include the Volo Auto Museum, Six Flags Great America amusement park, North Point Marina, the Gurnee Mills Mall and Illinois Beach State Park.
- Lake Forest High School - Lake Forest High School is a public secondary institution that is situated in the center of Lake Forest in Lake County. The Lake County school was established in 1935 and educates students from ninth to twelfth grades. Lake Forest High School is located on Lake Michigan's picturesque shores. The educational departments include telecommunications, business education and music.
- Braeside Elementary School - Braeside Elementary School is a historic Lake County school that is located over three acres in Highland Park, Illinois. Braeside Elementary School was designed by John Van Bergen, who previously worked with the legendary architect Frank Lloyd Wright. The school educates students up to fifth grade. Some of the activities available at the school include chess club, bingo night, yearbook, book fair and writing conferences.
- Lake Bluff Middle School - Lake Bluff Middle School is in Lake Bluff, which is a Lake County village. Lake Bluff Middle School teaches students in sixth, seventh and eighth grades. The school was constructed in 1965. Some of the school's basic academic divisions are drama, music, art, mathematics and English.
- Deerfield High School - Deerfield High School is a Lake County school in the village of Deerfield. Deerfield High School is a public school that provides education for ninth, tenth, eleventh and twelfth graders. The school opened in 1959, and is home to diverse facilities including seven computer labs, a bookstore, a mathematics lab and a foreign languages lab.
- Daniel Wright Junior High School - Daniel Wright Junior High School is situated in Lincolnshire, Lake County. Daniel Wright Junior High School was established in 1971 and serves fifth, sixth, seventh and eighth graders. Many extracurricular activity and sports opportunities are available at the junior high, such as "Scholastic Bowl," track and field and volleyball.