Landscape Design Ideas
A list of landscape design ideas can help you to enhance your home's curb appeal and drive up the value of your home when you are ready to sell. Some landscape design ideas apply to both the front and back yards, while other landscape design ideas apply to only one part of your lawn. Check out these landscape design ideas to see if any of them would enhance the look of your home.
- Use lighting. Lighting not only accents your home, but it is also a landscape design idea that can be a safety feature for your home as well. Use solar-powered lights to illuminate features in your yard such as trees and bushes to make them stand out at night. Install motion sensor lights near your walkways and doors to help your friends and family walk safely around your yard at night, or to warn if there is an intruder on your property.
- Add color with plants. You would be surprised at how simple, yet effective, the landscape design idea of using colorful plants to highlight parts of your yard can be. Line your walkways with colorful flowers, or outline the base of your shrubs with a line of plants. Use rose bushes or other large and colorful plants to help add color to the corners of your home, or under your windows.
- Try a pond or garden. You can turn your backyard into your refuge if you add a pond or a garden to it. You can combine the two and create a peaceful garden with a pond that you can sit near on a garden bench. It not only adds color and character to your landscaping, it can also double as your escape from the rest of the world.
- Outline your property. People often talk about the white picket fence as their ideal landscaping design idea. But if you use other materials such as shrubs or an ivy-covered chain link fence, then you are creating something that looks unique. If you have the resources, then consider a wall made of large colorful stones as your property barrier wall.
- Try some decorations. Too many statues or bird baths can make a landscape look cluttered. But well-placed items such as an arch at the beginning of a walkway or a welcome sign hanging in the front yard can add some character to your home and yard.