Tangy tomato sauce layered with noodles and rich creamy cheeses: no wonder lasagna recipes with ricotta cheese are a favorite of Italian cooks. You don't have to be Italian to pull off these easy recipes. One taste and they'll be a Sunday dinner must-have.
- Lasagna no-cook noodles, one package
- Spaghetti sauce, six cups
- Ricotta cheese, twelve oz.
- Parmesan cheese, one cup
- Mozzarella cheese, one cup
- Thawed frozen spinach, one cup
- Sliced zucchini, mushrooms and onions total, one cup
- Cooking spray
- Baking pan
- Check the label of the no-cook noodles to see how much spaghetti sauce is required. Different brands require different amounts. Buy an additional can or jar just in case. Crunchy noodles in lasagna is not a good thing. The first of the lasagna recipes with ricotta cheese is basic but easy.
- Spray the baking pan with cooking spray. It will make clean up go faster and the lasagna will slide out of the pan easier.
- Check the directions on the no-cook noodles for specifics amounts. The general idea is to pour a cup of sauce in the bottom of the pan. Lay out a layer of noodles without any overlapping. Spread a cup of sauce on top. The lasagna recipe with ricotta cheese will be built up layer of noodle and than cup of sauce.
- Spread a cup total of the parmesan and mozzarella cheeses over the sauce. Add a cup of sauce and another layer of the noodles covered by a cup of sauce.
- Spread a cup to 1 1/2 cups of ricotta cheese over the sauce. Add a cup of sauce and another layer of noodles. Finish with a cup of sauce. Spread a cup of the parmesan and mozzarella cheeses as the topping. This may seem like a lot of sauce but the noodles absorb it as they cook. If you're chintzy with the sauce the noodles won't cook properly.
- Bake in a pre-heated 350 degree oven for 60 minutes. You've just made the first of the Lasagna recipes with ricotta cheese.
- Complete the first four steps as above but don't add that layer of noodles. Instead substitute a layer of thinly sliced onions, mushrooms, zucchini and the defrosted frozen spinach. Then continue building the layers of lasagna. Your girlfriend will be impressed with this healthy lasagna recipe with ricotta cheese.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Paul F. Tompkins interviews entertainers—Key and Peele, Alison Brie, Rob Delaney, Zach Galifianakis—about all sor …
21 Fantastic Facts About Ronda Rousey
This trivia’s like her fights: quick and jarring.
21 Hairstyles Women Love
Female experts reveal the ’dos that drive them wild.