Latin Quotes For Tattoos
Many people get tattoos these days and want something special written on it, and often times they look to some of the best Latin quote for tattoos. Latin is a considered magical and can transform dull English words into something that looks and sounds amazingly unique and interesting.
- Sectumsempra. This famous phrase is known throughout the realm of Harry Potter as a spell that causes remarkable damages. This is a popular tattoo phrase for fans of the books and movies and it means "to forever cut."
- Cogito ergo sum. As Latin phrases go, this one is very common and famous. It was stated by philosopher René Descartes and commonly is translated to "I think therefore I am."
- Carpe diem. Robin Williams made this phrase famous in "Dead Poets Society" and it means "seize the day."
- Carpe noctem. This phrase is meant for all looking to take a humorous look at the phrase coined by Robin Williams as it means "seize the night."
- Temet nosce. "Know thyself" is a perfect Latin phrase that goes with almost any tattoo design and has a depth of meaning.
- Veni, vidi, vici. Julius Caesar is reported to have written this in response to a very short war in which he probably would say, "I came, I saw, I conquered."
- Luctor et emergo. Anyone who has encountered great adversity may want this Latin phrase tattooed which means "I struggle and emerge."
- Aut viam inveniam aut faciam. This phrase is great for anyone who themselves is a force of nature as it is translated to "I will either find a way or make one."
- Me transmitte sursum caledoni. For the geekier crowd seeking a tattoo, "beam me up, Scottie" makes a great Latin tattoo phrase.
- Amor vincit omnia. If passion is the name of the game, "love conquers all" makes a great addition to any tattoo. Honor love with this great tattooed Latin phrase.