Many people get tattoos these days and want something special written on it, and often times they look to some of the best Latin quote for tattoos. Latin is a considered magical and can transform dull English words into something that looks and sounds amazingly unique and interesting.
- Sectumsempra. This famous phrase is known throughout the realm of Harry Potter as a spell that causes remarkable damages. This is a popular tattoo phrase for fans of the books and movies and it means "to forever cut."
- Cogito ergo sum. As Latin phrases go, this one is very common and famous. It was stated by philosopher René Descartes and commonly is translated to "I think therefore I am."
- Carpe diem. Robin Williams made this phrase famous in "Dead Poets Society" and it means "seize the day."
- Carpe noctem. This phrase is meant for all looking to take a humorous look at the phrase coined by Robin Williams as it means "seize the night."
- Temet nosce. "Know thyself" is a perfect Latin phrase that goes with almost any tattoo design and has a depth of meaning.
- Veni, vidi, vici. Julius Caesar is reported to have written this in response to a very short war in which he probably would say, "I came, I saw, I conquered."
- Luctor et emergo. Anyone who has encountered great adversity may want this Latin phrase tattooed which means "I struggle and emerge."
- Aut viam inveniam aut faciam. This phrase is great for anyone who themselves is a force of nature as it is translated to "I will either find a way or make one."
- Me transmitte sursum caledoni. For the geekier crowd seeking a tattoo, "beam me up, Scottie" makes a great Latin tattoo phrase.
- Amor vincit omnia. If passion is the name of the game, "love conquers all" makes a great addition to any tattoo. Honor love with this great tattooed Latin phrase.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
6 Signs the Beard Is Just Not Working for You
You may need to grab a razor and ditch the facial fuzz.
10 Red Flags That Kill Your Chances With Women
Wondering why that first date didn’t lead to a second? Read on.
How to Turn (Almost) Every Lady’s Head
Top female stylists share their favorite men’s looks.