Laundry Detergent Recipe
Having a laundry detergent recipe is desired for anyone whose skin is easily irritated or prone to breakouts. Acquiring a few products can help alleviate rashes, hives and other issues brought about by skin irritation. A simple laundry detergent recipe includes basic products without the use of artificial or extra fillers. Follow the directions below to make a dry laundry detergent recipe.
To make laundry detergent, you will need:
- bar of soap
- cup Arm & Hammer Super Washing Soda
- cup baking soda
- 1/2 cup 20 Mule Team Borax
- large Bowl
- large spoon or paint stir
- air tight container
- paring knife or cheese grater
- food Processor (optional)
- Prepare the soap. Cut the bar soap into pieces as the first product in the laundry detergent recipe. Use a paring knife or grater to make small thin soap flakes. A food processor makes extra small particles that are beneficial when mixing. Place soap to the side for later use. Also, remember you can use the soap of your choice in this recipe.
- Add the 20 Mule Team. Borax works as a laundry booster in the dry laundry detergent recipe. Pour the measured 1/2 cup borax in a large container.
- Add the freshener. Measure one cup of washing soda and place in container with borax. Continue to the next sequence in using this dry laundry detergent recipe.
- Add one cup of baking soda to the bowl that contains the other dry ingredients. This will provide odor control.
- Blend well. Mix baking soda, borax and washing soda together in container. You can also add essential oils for a more unique fragrance. As a safety precaution, do not inhale dust of products while using this laundry detergent recipe.
- Take the final step. Combine soap flakes to mixture as part of using the dry laundry detergent recipe. Use a large spoon or hands to distribute evenly soap particles. Place detergent in air tight container for future use. Use two tablespoons of detergent for a normal load.