Laundry Room Accessories
Laundry room accessories are what complete your laundry room or laundry area. There are particular laundry room accessories everyone should have on hand. A fully stocked laundry room will help you ensure there is a product available for all your needs.
- Lighting It’s very important to ensure you have proper lighting in your laundry room. Proper lighting ensures you will be able to see small stains or imperfections in your clothing.
- Washing supplies This would include laundry soap, chlorine bleach, color-safe bleach and fabric softeners. It’s best to have one of each on hand to ensure you have the products you need to do your laundry correctly. Color-safe bleach provides a way to get your color items back to their bright, vibrant colors without fading the colors or bleaching them.
- Delicate laundry soap If you have a pair of silk boxers you will not want to throw them into the normal wash and with regular laundry detergent if you want them to last for a while and look their best. A good delicate laundry soap to have is a laundry soap that is geared for infants.
- Ironing board and iron Clothing that is wrinkled needs to be ironed to look their best. If you are short on room you can get an ironing board that attaches over a door. If you do not want to look like you just rolled out of bed, this accessory should be at the top of your list.
- Stain-removal products If you do not wash your laundry right when there's a stain, its best to have a stain-removal product or pre-treatment product on hand. These products keep stains from setting in until you do your laundry.
- Storage units Keeping everything organized and neat is the best way for your laundry room to stay nice.
- Folding shelf If you have a folding shelf installed in your laundry room, you are more apt to fold your laundry as soon as it comes from the dryer. This will help prevent wrinkles and have your clothing ready to be put away.