The symptoms of Leaky Gut Syndrome are not always easy to spot. Most of the symptoms occur inside the human body and can have far ranging effects. Linings of the stomach can breach down over time, letting fluids, pieces of food, and bacteria make their way to parts of the body where they cannot normally be found. Leaky Gut Syndrome can cause many other conditions in the body.
- Gastrointestinal Symptoms. Stomach problems give doctors and patients the first clue that something more serious may be wrong. Recurring upset stomach, diarrhea and indigestion can signal many chronic problems. A doctor will look for any or all of the symptoms listed below to make a Leaky Gut Syndrome diagnosis.
- Nutritional Deficiencies. Having a hole in the stomach does not mean that a person absorbs food more readily. The inflamed tissue causes a break down in the proteins the body uses to take the nutrients to the cells they were needed. More than one nutritional deficiency may occur simultaneously
- Food Particles of Unusual Size. Particles of undigested food leave the stomach and enter the blood stream. White cells perceive the food as a foreign invader and set off allergies to foods a person may have freely eaten before developing Leaky Gut Syndrome. This immune response to food particles can lead to the development of autoimmune conditions.
- Immune Problems in the Stomach. Leaky Gut Syndrome triggers immune responses throughout the body. It is no surprise the stomach may find it more difficult to fight off infection or stave off other problems.
- Microbes that live in the Digestive Tract Spread Elsewhere. Millions of bacteria that live in the body have no effect on the human host and the human host has no effect on them. A few, such as E. Coli serve a useful function as long as they are in the colon. When these microorganisms move out of their usual spaces, diseases such as E. Coli may occur.
Leaky Gut Syndrome is treatable, but the process of healing the stomach lining can take several weeks or moths. Cutting back on certain foods, alcohol and caffeine can facilitate the healing process.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
6 Signs She Wants You to Come Talk to Her at the Bar
These not-so-subtle hints mean legit interest—and time for action.
10 Types of Tattoos Women Love
That dumb bet you lost in college? It’s actually endearing.
Warning! 7 Lies All Women Tell Men
Prep for these fibs. Ladies will thank you, and that’s the truth.