Lean Cuisine Diet
One relatively easy way in which to consume low-fat and low-calorie meals is by following a Lean Cuisine diet. Lean Cuisine is an American brand that manufactures a vast selection of frozen dinners. It is a division of Stouffer's. Many diverse meal options are available from Lean Cuisine, from pizzas and sandwiches to ethnic noodles to classic Italian chicken parmesan. The brand was established in 1981 to serve as a more nutritious option in frozen foods.
- Pizza. Lean Cuisine offers a large array of pizzas. Some of the choices in low-calorie pizzas include deep dish roasted vegetable pizza, mushroom pizza, barbecue chicken wood-fire pizza, deep dish three meat pizza, classic margarita pizza, pepperoni pizza and roasted garlic chicken pizza. The pizza boxes consist of one small pizza, which serves one person.
- Exotic Cuisine. For a more international palate, Lean Cuisine provides many choices in nutritious exotic meals, as well. Some of the choices are the Chinese beef and broccoli, Asian potstickers and beef chow fun, the Mexican-inspired fiesta grilled chicken, barbecue chicken quesadilla and Baja-style chicken quesadillas,
- Comfort Foods. Sometimes all you want is some good, old-fashioned comfort foods that can relax you after a long and hard day. Lean Cuisine produces a selection of comfort foods that also won't damage your waistline. These All-American favorites include glazed turkey tenderloins, Salisbury steak, roasted turkey breast, whipped potatoes and meatloaf, baked chicken and beef pot roast.
- Steamed Meals. Lean Cuisine offers a broad variety of meals that can be conveniently prepared inside of steam bags, for additional freshness. These meals consist of crisp vegetables, pastas and meats. Some of the choices are chicken poblano, sweet and spicy ginger chicken, garlic chicken, mushroom tortelloni and Shanghai-style shrimp.
- Dinner Portions. Although most people eating a Lean Cuisine diet are probably trying to cut back on calories, the brand also features a series of meals with heartier, larger portions. These portions are suitable for dinnertime. The entrees include chicken Tuscan, balsamic glazed chicken, orange peel chicken, roasted turkey breast and lemon garlic shrimp. Although the meals are larger than typical Lean Cuisine offerings, they still all have less than 400 calories each.