If you want to learn Chinese, it may take a long time, a lot of practice and constant study because it is a very diverse language that is spoken with a number of different dialects throughout the vast country. However, to learn basic Chinese so that you can communicate while you are in China or with people who speak Chinese fluently, you can follow a number of different steps below so that you can accurately communicate in one of the most widely spoken languages in the world.
To learn Chinese, you will need:
- A Chinese language book
- Computer with internet connection
- Someone who speaks fluent Chinese
- Study the history of Chinese. Before you learn Chinese, study the history of the language to see where Mandarin and other dialects in the country are spoken and how the language formed. Knowing where a language comes from and the history behind the language is important when learning any language.
- Purchase a Chinese language book or sign up for an online class. Once you have studied the history of the Chinese language and understand where it came from, purchase a book that will teach you Chinese or sign up for an online course or extension class, which will help you learn Chinese. Complete each of these courses and pass the tests.
- Test out your Chinese speaking on someone who is fluent. Find someone who is fluent in Chinese and try to speak to him, seeing if you can understand what he is saying and properly respond to him in a complete sentence. He will help you know if you are saying the words correctly and forming sentences correctly.
- Continue to speak Chinese regularly. Practice with fluent Chinese speakers regularly so that you can keep your Chinese speaking sharp. The more you speak, more fluent you will get.