Learn To Do Paddleboard Aerobics
When you learn to do paddleboard aerobics and work it into your paddleboard workout routine you increase your overall level of endurance which makes you better at it. The use of your paddleboard during an aerobics routine is fairly easy to incorporate. You can use the aerobic exercise to teach your body to perform better at higher intensity levels for a longer period of time.
To learn to do paddleboard aerobics, you will need:
- Paddleboard Paddles
- Area of Water
- Workout Gear
- Prep to Workout. It's important to wear comfortable workout and water gear. With aerobics you sweat more than strength training. Water will wick away sweat, but breathable clothing is important as well. Apply water proof sunblock before hitting the beach for your workout. Always carry drinking water or a sports drink to stay hydrated before, during and after your workout.
- Check the Wave Report. If you're a beginner, start with calm waters. If you're more advanced, you can judge the wave conditions you're comfortable with.
- Paddling Repeats. The act of paddling alone is aerobic exercise. It gets your heart rate up and tones your upper body at the same time. Try to set a distance in the water. From the lifeguard station to the rented shop. Whatever you want to make it. Stay in medium-depth water. Paddle back and forth between the two points for a total of ten out and backs.
- Jump Stands. Get into deeper water and go into a paddle position. Paddle for a few stroke and then jump to a standing position. Pro boards are pretty good at this, but it takes incredible core strength and balance to master. Do ten of these worked into your paddling repeats or just on their own.
- Paddling Races. Grab some friends, pick a distance and paddle race. These are as good as sprints. The HIT exertion gets your heart rate up and the strength portion will fatigue your muscles.
Paddleboard aerobics is a great workout regardless of the skill level you're at. You can exercise alone or with friends to give you the motivation you need to see the results you're looking for.